Current:Home > InvestKevin Spacey Hospitalized After His "Entire Left Arm" Goes Numb -Capitatum
Kevin Spacey Hospitalized After His "Entire Left Arm" Goes Numb
Burley Garcia View
Date:2025-04-06 13:49:28
Kevin Spacey is detailing his experience after suffering a medical emergency.
The House of Cards alum shared he was rushed to a hospital after "going numb in one arm" while on a tour of the Afrasiyab Museum in Samarkand, Uzbekistan Oct. 2.
Spacey detailed the health scare while addressing the audience at during the Tashkent International Film Festival after he was released, noting that "everything turned out to be completely normal."
"I am, of course, grateful that it's not anything more serious," he said in a video obtained by TMZ Oct. 4. "But it also made me really take a moment and think to myself how fragile life is, for all of us."
E! News has reached out to Spacey's reps for additional comment and has not heard back.
Spacey's health episode comes a little over two months after the actor's latest legal battle came to an end.
In late July, a British court found the Oscar winner not guilty on nine charges including seven counts of sexual assault, one count of forcing a person to engage in sexual activity without consent and one count of forcing a person to engage in penetrative sexual activity.
The American Beauty actor's charges, which he had previously pleaded not guilty to, were the result of allegations from four men who accused Spacey of assault between 2004 to 2013, when he was of artistic director of the Old Vic Theatre in London. (He stepped down from the position in 2015).
The 64-year-old was originally charged with 12 counts of sexual misconduct, but the number of counts was later reduced, according to Variety, due to a technicality in the case.
After the verdict, Spacey addressed reporters outside of the courtroom.
"I imagine that many of you can understand that there's a lot for me to process after what just happened today," he said in a video obtained by NBC News. "I would like to say that I'm enormously grateful to the jury for having taken the time to examine all of the evidence and all of the facts carefully before they reached their decision, and I am humbled by the outcome today."
This isn't the first bout of legal trouble for the Heartburn actor. In 2017, Netflix severed ties with the actor amid allegations of sexual assault and misconduct surfacing against him. The following year, the Oscar winner was hit with a felony charge of indecent assault and battery in Massachusetts, to which he pleaded not guilty. The charge was later dropped due to the "unavailability of the complaining witness," according to court documents obtained by E! News at the time.
In addition to facing criminal proceedings, he was also hit with a lawsuit from Anthony Rapp, who sued Spacey for $40 million, alleging the Baby Driver star sexually assaulted him in 1986 when Rapp was 14 years old. A New York jury found Spacey not liable for battery last October.
For the latest breaking news updates, click here to download the E! News AppveryGood! (9184)
Related
- What were Tom Selleck's juicy final 'Blue Bloods' words in Reagan family
- How to enter the CBS Mornings Mixtape Music Competition
- Parties and protests mark the culmination of LGBTQ+ Pride month in NYC, San Francisco and beyond
- US Track & Field Olympic trials live updates: Noah Lyles, Gabby Thomas win 200 finals
- Paula Abdul settles lawsuit with former 'So You Think You Can Dance' co
- Stock market today: Asian stocks log modest gains as economic data are mixed for Japan and China
- US wants Boeing to plead guilty to fraud over fatal crashes, lawyers say
- US Olympic track trials results: 400m hurdles stars dazzle as world record falls
- US appeals court rejects Nasdaq’s diversity rules for company boards
- MLB midseason awards: Biggest surprises and disappointments of 2024
Ranking
- Rams vs. 49ers highlights: LA wins rainy defensive struggle in key divisional game
- The Daily Money: Still no relief at the supermarket
- 22 million Miniverse Make It Mini toys recalled for resins that can burn skin
- Why Eric Dane Thinks He Was Fired From Grey’s Anatomy
- Mets have visions of grandeur, and a dynasty, with Juan Soto as major catalyst
- There are 4.8 billion reasons why other leagues are watching the fallout from ‘Sunday Ticket’ case
- 'Youth are our future'? Think again. LGBTQ+ youth activism is already making an impact.
- A look at international media coverage of the Biden-Trump debate
Recommendation
Former Danish minister for Greenland discusses Trump's push to acquire island
Things to know about the case of Missouri prison guards charged with murder in death of a Black man
Colorado couple rescued from camper after thief stole truck while they slept inside
22 million Miniverse Make It Mini toys recalled for resins that can burn skin
Arkansas State Police probe death of woman found after officer
Tia Mowry's Ex-Husband Cory Hardrict Shares How He's Doing After Divorce
Jessica Alba's Daughters Honor and Haven Wear Her Past Red Carpet Dresses in Rare Outing
Thousands attend annual EuroPride parade in Greek city of Thessaloniki amid heavy police presence